Who is Taco Bell?
Taco Bell was born and raised in California and has been around since 1962. We went from selling everyone’s favorite Crunchy Tacos on the West Coast to a global brand with 7,500+ restaurants, 350 franchise organizations, that serve 42+ million fans each week around the globe. We’re not only the largest Mexican-inspired quick service brand (QSR) in the world, we’re also part of the biggest restaurant group in the world: Yum! Brands.
Much of our fan love and authentic connection with our communities are rooted in being rebels with a cause. From ensuring we use high-quality, sustainable ingredients to elevating restaurant technology in ways that haven’t been done before… we will continue to be inclusive, bold, challenge the status quo and push industry boundaries.
We’re a company that celebrates and advocates for different, has bold self-expression, strives for a better future, and brings the fun while we’re at it. We fuel our culture with real people who bring unique experiences. We inspire and enable our teams and the world to Live Más.
At Taco Bell, we’re Cultural Rebels. Want to join in on the passion-fueled fun? Learn more about the career below.
About the Job:
The Senior Software Engineer I is responsible for the software development of the in-house ERP platform. Built using serverless microservices, this platform is a key component of our connected restaurant strategy. This role will drive impact across the Taco Bell business by improving and easing the team member experience to maximize restaurant throughput and improve customer satisfaction. With this role, the opportunities are endless: Work collaboratively with software engineers across Yum! Brands, learn new AWS technologies and drive the future of the next-gen Back-of-House (BOH) systems and data integrations.
• Design, architect and build software solutions using AWS Serverless technologies in TypeScript and write unit tests using the Jest framework.
• Collaborate with software architects, other software engineers, QA, SRE/production support, and product teams to clarify requirements and implement robust systems.
• Create architectural diagrams and provide architectural solution options with pros/cons and advise on a course of action.
• Participate in Agile Scrum activities such as daily standups, sprint planning, and retros.
• Perform peer code reviews and participate in software design sessions with other engineers and software architects.
• Collaborate with software engineers across YUM brands and vendor partners to provide solutions.
Is this you?
· Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or a technical discipline; or equivalent years of experience
· At least 3 years of experience with AWS serverless cloud computing including Lambda, EventBridge/EventBus, APIGW, Dynamodb, SQS, SNS, and Route53
· At least 5 years of experience as a software developer using TypeScript
· Experience with GitLab and The Serverless Framework (https://www.serverless.com/) is required
· Experience with AWS Step Functions and AWS CDK is a plus
· The ability to exhibit strong communication qualities and to effectively partner with all of IT as well as our business operations teams.
Hybrid work schedule and year-round flex day Friday
Onsite childcare through Bright Horizons
Onsite dining center and game room (yes, there is a Taco Bell inside the building)
Onsite dry cleaning, laundry services, carwash,
Onsite gym with fitness classes and personal trainer sessions
Up to 4 weeks of vacation per year plus holidays and time off for volunteering
Tuition reimbursement and education benefits
Generous parental leave for all new parents and adoption assistance program
401(k) with a 6% matching contribution from Yum! Brands with immediate vesting
Comprehensive medical & dental including prescription drug benefits and 100% preventive
Discounts, free food, swag and… honestly, too many good benefits to name
Salary Range $108,700 to $164,670 annually + bonus eligibility + equity (if applicable) + benefits
The above represents the expected salary range for this job requisition. Ultimately, in determining your pay, we'll consider your location, experience, and other job-related factors.
At Taco Bell, we Live Más and invite you to do the same. Take a seat at our table. Bring your voice. Bring you, just as you are, a Cultural Rebel. We want you to be your best self!
Taco Bell is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to equity, inclusion, and belonging for all dimensions of diversity. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability status, age, or any other protected characteristic.
Taco Bell is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities or special needs.
US Job Seekers/Employees -Click here to view the “Know Your Rights” poster and supplement and the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.
Employment eligibility to work with Taco Bell in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for this position.