Who is Taco Bell?
Taco Bell was born and raised in California and has been around since 1962. We went from selling everyone’s favorite Crunchy Tacos on the West Coast to a global brand with 7,500+ restaurants, 350 franchise organizations, that serve 42+ million fans each week around the globe. We’re not only the largest Mexican-inspired quick service brand (QSR) in the world, we’re also part of the biggest restaurant group in the world: Yum! Brands.
Much of our fan love and authentic connection with our communities are rooted in being rebels with a cause. From ensuring we use high-quality, sustainable ingredients to elevating restaurant technology in ways that haven’t been done before… we will continue to be inclusive, bold, challenge the status quo and push industry boundaries.
We’re a company that celebrates and advocates for different, has bold self-expression, strives for a better future, and brings the fun while we’re at it. We fuel our culture with real people who bring unique experiences. We inspire and enable our teams and the world to Live Más.
At Taco Bell, we’re Cultural Rebels. Want to join in on the passion-fueled fun? Learn more about the career below.
About the Job:
The eCommerce Quality Engineering team specializes in Functional, Integration, Automation, and Performance testing for our growing eCommerce Web and Native Mobile Apps. With this role, the opportunities are endless with the ability to manage a large software test engineering team and work with various Technology and Business groups in a dynamic, fast-paced, agile environment to deliver high-quality products. The eCommerce Manager, QA Engineering will report to the Director of Quality Engineering and lead a team of highly motivated quality engineers.
• Create detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured test plans. Estimate, prioritize, plan, and coordinate testing activities.
• Work closely with the Business and Performance test team to define workload models based on data projections; testing in a highly integrated environment and hands-on testing are day-to-day requirements.
• Lead the implementation and rollout of QE processes, aligning them with business/customer needs; Lead UAT sessions with Business and communicate business risks and mitigation plans based on testing outcomes.
• Coach and mentor team members and direct reports for career development; Provide technical and strategic leadership to Quality Engineers based out of onshore and offshore locations.
• Drive key measurements/metrics to quantify and benchmark QE effectiveness, adjusting processes for continuous improvement
• Excellent collaboration skills to partner with developers, quality engineers, and product owners to execute against established test plans, strategies, and timelines
Is this you?
• BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent years of experience
• At least 3 years of leadership experience managing a team of 20 or more engineers
• At least 5 years of hands-on technical experience in quality engineering, test automation, CI/CD, and SDLC
• Expertise in manual and automation test planning and execution; performance test lifecycle experience; experience with micro services and cloud-based architecture; and familiarity with Agile/Scrum methodology and JIRA
• Effective oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills. Strong presentation and facilitation skills necessary to communicate and persuade a wide range of audience.
• Demonstrated leadership abilities, decision making, analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to develop creative solutions to assigned projects.
Hybrid work schedule and year-round flex day Friday
Onsite childcare through Bright Horizons
Onsite dining center and game room (yes, there is a Taco Bell inside the building)
Onsite dry cleaning, laundry services, carwash,
Onsite gym with fitness classes and personal trainer sessions
Up to 4 weeks of vacation per year plus holidays and time off for volunteering
Tuition reimbursement and education benefits
Generous parental leave for all new parents and adoption assistance program
401(k) with a 6% matching contribution from Yum! Brands with immediate vesting
Comprehensive medical & dental including prescription drug benefits and 100% preventive
Discounts, free food, swag and… honestly, too many good benefits to name
Salary Range: $127,300 to $181,170 annually + bonus eligibility + equity (if applicable) + benefits
The above represents the expected salary range for this job requisition. Ultimately, in determining your pay, we'll consider your location, experience, and other job-related factors.
At Taco Bell, we Live Más and invite you to do the same. Take a seat at our table. Bring your voice. Bring you, just as you are, a Cultural Rebel. We want you to be your best self!
Taco Bell is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to equity, inclusion, and belonging for all dimensions of diversity. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability status, age, or any other protected characteristic.
Taco Bell is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities or special needs.
US Job Seekers/Employees -Click here to view the “Know Your Rights” poster and supplement and the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.
Employment eligibility to work with Taco Bell in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for this position.