Who is Taco Bell?
Taco Bell was born and raised in California and has been around since 1962. We went from selling everyone’s favorite Crunchy Tacos on the West Coast to a global brand with 7,500+ restaurants, 350 franchise organizations, that serve 42+ million fans each week around the globe. We’re not only the largest Mexican-inspired quick service brand (QSR) in the world, we’re also part of the biggest restaurant group in the world: Yum! Brands.
Much of our fan love and authentic connection with our communities are rooted in being rebels with a cause. From ensuring we use high quality, sustainable ingredients to elevating restaurant technology in ways that hasn’t been done before… we will continue to be inclusive, bold, challenge the status quo and push industry boundaries.
We’re a company that celebrates and advocates for different, has bold self-expression, strives for a better future, and brings the fun while we’re at it. We fuel our culture with real people who bring unique experiences. We inspire and enable our teams and the world to Live Más.
At Taco Bell, we’re Cultural Rebels. Want to join in on the passion-fueled fun? Learn more about the career below.
About the Job:
The Sr. Associate Manager, Digital Operations is responsible for providing the inputs needed to develop the operational business strategy and business requirements across multiple digital platforms; primarily the Brand’s E-Commerce mobile/web and loyalty platform, Kiosks, delivery platforms and the restaurant control center solution. This role will support digital execution that improves both the team member and customer experience along the entire order journey with digitally forward solutions. This individual will be the key business owner providing scope and design requirements, operations insight and will define and test innovative solutions to restaurant challenges and be responsible for them from pilot to national launches.
For all digital platforms, it is important to create solutions that support growth but also bring ease to the restaurants ability to execute the customer experience journey. Innovation is important in platform optimization, testing new initiatives and gathering inputs to further enhance each platform are key. In addition, finding innovative strategies to engage, communicate and support the restaurants in key areas like order journey, order fulfillment, delivering accuracy and service times and fostering ways to succeed and grow their digital platforms will be of ongoing importance.
Projects for this role will be highly visible in nature and require working closely with multiple cross functional groups including, technology, marketing, engineering, and field company and franchise teams with clear communication within all levels of the organization. It is critical for this individual to be strategic and bring forth thoughtful solutions rooted from data and industry leading insights that elevate the conversations with leadership and key partners to support decision making and setting priorities.
- Ability to provide leadership, vision and influence to product and business leads to drive digital evolution and product launches that achieve operational improvements, ease, exceed our guests’ expectations and ladder into the broader brands digital strategy.
- Ensure all digital products are functionally supported with business deliverables to reduce complexity in the kitchen while improving accuracy to deliver on the customer and team member experience.
- Become an industry expert on the product the role owns from both the perspective of the customers and the restaurant experience; Ensuring decisions and strategic proposals are based on data insights to drive and elevate priorities and solutions that latter up to the brands goals.
- Drive the channel/product strategy through building business cases and review product roadmaps primarily for three product teams: Ecommerce, Kiosks, Restaurant Control Center & Overall Digital Support, and engagement efforts with the field for all national solutions. (Includes first party delivery)
- Establish business requirements Documents, articulate vision, success criteria and design, manage, and deliver against timelines across multiple product teams and projects.
- Lead with project management principles from test design, test reads, iterative learnings, testing’s, improvements, communications, and timelines until post ensuring a successful national launch.
- Effectively and concisely communicate business and technical information across the organization, being sensitive to appropriately tailor the message to each audience
- Agile ability to analyze data, trends and qualitative field restaurant and customer feedback to inform business decisions while being open to pivot per business needs.
- Ensure learnings from field-testing are effectively system-wide integrated into our base operations.
- Own digital restaurant execution through performance monitoring and program optimization by being the voice of operations when influencing solutions on product roadmaps
- Ensure all messaging to the field is accurate and updated by working closely with our internal Training and Communications teams.
- Develop and maintain close working relationships cross functionally, with franchisee partners and field operators, keeping them engaged on programs and pulsing trends
- Conduct round tables with key stakeholders to solicit unbiased feedback, utilize findings to make product improvements and elevate solutions to areas of opportunity that arise
- Creating and reviewing content for executives, owner, or brand presentations
- Actively seek know-how and best practices from key Operations and Technology partners within our Yum sister brands
Is This You?
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field, or equivalent on the job experience preferred
- 7+ year of experience in restaurant/retail operations, management consulting, or leading or engaged digital operations strategic management preferred
- 2+ years’ experience in a people management rolepreferred
- Remain current on industry innovation, practices, techniques, and tools to support the brands goal of having industry leading digital platforms.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with focus and brevity and ability to adapt messaging to the audience.
- The ability to influence and bring internal stakeholders on your design journey to support your decisions and vision
- A deep curiosity and ability to consider product strategy and vision.Ability to craft business requirements for any project or product roadmap with clear objectives that align to broader organizational goals
- Experience with restaurant operations and understanding external factors that impact day-to-day performance
- Comfort acting as an individual contributor and as a team manager
- Strong organizational skills, with ability to work independently, multi-task, and adapt to change in a complex, fast-paced, and deadline-driven environment
- Travel around the Southern California area is common. Local restaurants near the Restaurant Support Center provide quick access for early testing, observation, and feedback with our great Taco Bell teams before expanding to larger test areas
- Hybrid work schedule and year-round flex day Friday
- Onsite childcare through Bright Horizons
- Onsite dining center and game room (yes, there is a Taco Bell inside the building)
- Onsite dry cleaning, laundry services, carwash,
- Onsite gym with fitness classes and personal trainer sessions
- Up to 4 weeks of vacation per year plus holidays and time off for volunteering
- Tuition reimbursement and education benefits
- Generous parental leave for all new parents and adoption assistance program
- 401(k) with a 6% matching contribution from Yum! Brands with immediate vesting
- Comprehensive medical & dental including prescription drug benefits and 100% preventive care
- Discounts, free food, swag and… honestly, too many good benefits to name
Salary Range: $102,000 to $145,200 annually + bonus eligibility + equity (if applicable) + benefits
At Taco Bell, we Live Más and invite you to do the same. Take a seat at our table. Bring your voice. Bring you, just as you are, a Cultural Rebel. We want you to be your best self!
Taco Bell is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to equity, inclusion, and belonging for all dimensions of diversity. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability status, age, or any other protected characteristic.
Taco Bell is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities or special needs.
US Job Seekers/Employees -Click hereto view the “Know Your Rights” poster and supplement and the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.
Employment eligibility to work with Taco Bell in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for this position.