Who is Taco Bell?
Taco Bell was born and raised in California and has been around since 1962. We went from selling everyone’s favorite Crunchy Tacos on the West Coast to a global brand with 7,500+ restaurants, 350 franchise organizations, that serve 42+ million fans each week around the globe. We’re not only the largest Mexican-inspired quick service brand (QSR) in the world, we’re also part of the biggest restaurant group in the world: Yum! Brands.
Much of our fan love and authentic connection with our communities are rooted in being rebels with a cause. From ensuring we use high quality, sustainable ingredients to elevating restaurant technology in ways that hasn’t been done before… we will continue to be inclusive, bold, challenge the status quo and push industry boundaries.
We’re a company that celebrates and advocates for different, has bold self-expression, strives for a better future, and brings the fun while we’re at it. We fuel our culture with real people who bring unique experiences. We inspire and enable our teams and the world to Live Más.
At Taco Bell, we’re Cultural Rebels. Want to join in on the passion-fueled fun? Learn more about the career below.
About the Job:
At Taco Bell, we aren’t just looking for candidates. We are looking for digital rock stars who understand digital platforms and are passionate about how data and digital can help shape culture and improve our brand and customer experience. We are seeking the right person – a collaborative and broad leader with a growth mindset – to drive digital transformation in our business.
The Digital Product Design Director will focus on building enterprise digital product design capabilities and team structure. They will work cross-functionality with our marketing, technology, and operations teams as well as our various vendors to shepherd ideas from conception to release, advocating for seamless and delightful solutions to improve customer experience while considering organizational priorities, brand voice, design best practices, qualitative and quantitative data, and technology capabilities.
- Lead and develop teams of digital designers to deliver work that drives brand and customer experience across Taco Bell’s digital portfolio (includes Web, App, Kiosk, first-party delivery, and supporting restaurant assets and back of house systems)
- Build organizational design capabilities by establishing standard team structures, roles, and career paths while individually developing designers in their careers
- Establish best-in-class digital design systems and component libraries that promote nimbleness and flexibility and build up brand standards
- Set up design management tools and methodology that enable better product planning and invite cross-functional inputs for decision making
- Develop cross-functional processes with Taco Bell’s internal creative teams, product teams, and engineering leads to increase efficiency and collaboration and enable breakthrough customer experiences
- Deepen Taco Bell digital customer insights through establishing a UX research roadmap and championing prototyping and customer usability testing with partners
- Own and deliver holistic design strategy, managing teams to work independently across multiple workstreams while ensuring design and architectural dependencies are communicated, planned, and effectively creating a unified brand experience for the customer
- Drive vision for owned digital products alongside business, product, and engineering leadership
- Support differing design approaches and needs across brand-building innovation projects, direct-to-consumer product enhancements, and internal team member or asset improvements
- Measure and share the impact of design improvements (alongside product and analytics leads) via VOC, A/B testing, and customer forums
- Create a thriving culture of growth, teamwork, belonging, and fun
Is This You?
- Passionate about customer experience, data, and the Taco Bell brand
- 10+ years of experience in Product Design
- Experience growing a strategic design practice and developing talent
- Bachelor’s degree or MBA in Design, Business, Marketing, Human-Computer Interaction, Computer Science, Information Science, or related discipline
- Flexible, proactive, and eager to drive results
- Thrive in a fast-paced, scrappy environment
- Excited about leading organizational transformation
- Analytical and strategic in your approach to problem solving
- Highly effective communicator and storyteller
- Hybrid work schedule and year-round flex day Friday
- Onsite childcare through Bright Horizons
- Onsite dining center and game room (yes, there is a Taco Bell inside the building)
- Onsite dry cleaning, laundry services, carwash,
- Onsite gym with fitness classes and personal trainer sessions
- Up to 4 weeks of vacation per year plus holidays and time off for volunteering
- Tuition reimbursement and education benefits
- Generous parental leave for all new parents and adoption assistance program
- 401(k) with a 6% matching contribution from Yum! Brands with immediate vesting
- Comprehensive medical & dental including prescription drug benefits and 100% preventive care
- Discounts, free food, swag and… honestly, too many good benefits to name
At Taco Bell, we Live Más and invite you to do the same. Take a seat at our table. Bring your voice. Bring you, just as you are, a Cultural Rebel. We want you to be your best self!
Taco Bell is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to equity, inclusion, and belonging for all dimensions of diversity. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability status, age, or any other protected characteristic.
Taco Bell is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities or special needs.
Salary Range: $185,000-$210,000 annually + bonus eligibility + benefits
The above represents the expected salary range for this job requisition. Ultimately, in determining your pay, we'll consider your location, experience, and other job-related factors.
US Job Seekers/Employees -Click hereto view the “EEO is the Law” poster and supplement and the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.