Who is Taco Bell?
At Taco Bell, we know what it’s like to blaze some trails, kick up some dirt, and take tacos to where they have never been before. We are a brand of firsts and we invite you to join our team. Work here; Live Más.
What started as a single restaurant in 1962 in California, USA has grown to become an international success, and one of the premier quick service restaurant (QSR) brands of all time. In America we serve more than 36 million customers every week!
Taco Bell Europe represents an important future growth initiative for Yum. Our market consists of the UK, Cyprus, Netherlands, Romania, Finland and Iceland and our objective is to grow from 84 restaurants today to 130+ restaurants by end 2021. Ensuring that we build a sustainable economic model is a key component and marketing in the UK will play a key role in doing that.
Who are Yum!?
Taco Bell is one of the 4 brands operated by our parent company Yum! along with Pizza Hut, The Habit Burger and KFC. We are the world’s largest restaurant group.
Yum! isn’t your average Fortune 250 company. We like to do things a little differently. From our world-famous culture of fun and recognition to our focus on your career potential.
About the Job
At Taco Bell, we aren’t just looking for candidates. We are looking for digital rock stars who understand youth culture and digital platforms better than anyone else. We are seeking the right person, a broad leader with a growth mindset to pave the future of Taco Bell’s Digital Innovation. In this exciting and unique role, you will leverage our digital channels (including our loyalty app, click & collect, restaurant kiosks and at home delivery channels), and create and execute winning strategies to evolve our business model and customer experience across our UK restaurants.
Glen Bell was a trail-blazing entrepreneur who saw things differently when he started Taco Bell, and we apply the same mindset today. Through listening, learning, focusing on the right things and rapid prototyping, you will lead the team to get to market quickly with new ideas. You will validate and evolve programs, scaling what works across the system. Thinking like a start-up with the leadership of a winning brand is an extremely powerful advantage, and you will be part of a lean, innovative group that is shaking up the industry.
- Own and drive the Taco Bell UK omnichannel vision, strategy and roadmap. Ensure that all activity undertakes a customer-first, commercial and insights driven approach to drive team and company goals;
- Build and maintain a roadmap to enable the strategy and long-term vision on a quarterly basis across omnichannel touchpoints, partnering with the Technology and Marketing team to ensure timely delivery of initiatives that cover both the transactional and non-transactional elements of the customer journey;
- Measure channel and KPI performance across agreed forecasted metrics and report to leadership team, proactively recommending actions to ensure growth targets are achieved
- Lead and grow the Taco Bell UK loyalty programme; and develop a marketing-tech stack framework to drive digital sales and monetise our customer data-base;
- Develop customer segmentation & retention strategies to grow the value of our app users;
- Evaluate new innovation opportunities and propositions that will create future growth and transformation across all digital channels;
- Be obsessed with the user experience across all our digital platforms identifying & prioritising opportunities to remove friction and to create a consistent brand experience across the Taco Bell app, as well as Restaurant Kiosks, Delivery, Click and Collect;
- Test and evaluate results, optimizing performance and experience;
- Educate and inspire the organisation around, CRM, e-commerce and digital innovation;
- Collaborate with Marketing Leadership to bring Marketing strategy and briefs to life through new digital initiatives.
Is This You?
- 6+ years’ experience in a commercially focused ecommerce role, with a good understanding of digital technologies
- You are passionate about the consumer experience on digital platforms
- A great understanding of implications of loyalty in the operational running of a business
- Proven experience in multi-channel marketing, SMS, push, digital advertising and email
- Data driven
- Big picture thinker with ability to execute
- Flexible and eager to drive change
- A team player who is accountable and flexible
- Thrives in fast-paced environment
- Experience managing brands or projects, creating marketing/agency briefs, and developing sell-in decks
- Experience working with analytics tools (e.g. Google Analytics) to extract the necessary data needed to make key decisions
- Consulting or strategy experience building business cases and creating proposals
- Restaurant or retail experience with an understanding of operational complexity
- Reputation for building strong partnerships across cross-functional and outside teams, and having solid negotiation skills
Why Taco Bell?
We truly believe that where you work matters, and we know a thing or two about what makes employees happy. Join us on our mission of feeding people’s lives with Más!
A career with Yum! offers much more than just fantastic earning potential. We reward hard work and achievement with amazing incentives and benefits, including;
- Company and performance related bonus
- Generous pension with up to 11% company contribution
- Private healthcare with the option to increase to include family cover and extra dental cover
- Annual holiday allowance starts at 25 days with the option to buy or sell up to 3 extra days per year
- After 5 years’ service, annual holiday allowance increases to 30 days
- We offer competitive maternity leave and flexible return to work options
- Pick n Mix Benefits to convert them into your very own benefits plans that’s unique to you - options include gym membership, health screening and travel insurance